Dignity Health Yavapai Regional Medical Center (YRMC) created Share the Care as a community-wide program to support good breast health practices and to increase access to breast care. Our goal? To reduce the incidence of breast cancer in western Yavapai County.
How can you Share the Care?
Ask your friends to get mammograms, and be proactive with your breast health. Utilize YRMC’s breast health and screening services, and spread the word about organizations that support Share the Care.
Here’s what inspired YRMC to launch Share the Care
- Statistics show Yavapai County has one of the highest incidence rates of breast cancer in Arizona.
- Healthcare professionals at YRMC’s Breast Care Center have noted a disturbing trend—an increase in the number of women being diagnosed with advanced breast cancer.
Here’s what Share the Care has brought to our communities
- Greater awareness of how to prevent breast cancer.
- A variety of essential, free services – screening, diagnostic, treatment and other support – for people with limited resources.
- Enthusiastic support from businesses, community organizations and individuals who want to help YRMC to Share the Care.