Dignity Health, Yavapai Regional Medical Center (YRMC) will allow limited patient visitation to its hospital locations in Prescott and Prescott Valley. This change, while serving as a benefit to patients and loved ones, will be monitored closely and may be revised based on COVID-19 infection rates in the community.
- Family members of patients receiving care at Yavapai Regional Medical Center are encouraged to call (928) 445-2700 for more information before they visit.
- Inpatient visitation will be permitted between 10:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m., Monday through Sunday. All visitors must wear a procedural mask during their visit. Visitors will be given a procedural mask during the screening process.
- Patients hospitalized in non-COVID-19 units may choose two individuals over the age of 18 to be their designated visitor.
- Visitation restrictions for COVID-19 units remain in place. Exceptions will be allowed for end-of-life visits and/or care planning discussions. Special exceptions exist for pediatric patients in COVID-19 units. Please see the info below regarding visitation for pediatric patients.
- Patients with disabilities that depend on the assistance of a family member or caregiver to receive care will be allowed to designate a support person (18 years of age or older) to accompany them to their appointment.
- Patients who present for care to YRMC’s Emergency Department may have one visitor (18 years of age and older) accompany them during their visit. Visitors will not be allowed entrance to the COVID-19 triage tents.
- Patients at YRMC's Family Birthing Center can have one visitor during labor and may designate two individuals for visitation (two visitors per patient per day). Visitors to the Family Birthing Center will enter through the main hospital entrance where they will be screened and given a visitor badge. For additional questions relating to YRMC’s Family Birthing Center, please call (928) 442-8800.
- Pediatric patients may designate two parents or guardians for visitation, including visitation to YRMC's COVID-19 units. Two parents or guardians may also accompany a pediatric patient during a visit to YRMC’s Emergency Department.
- All visitors are expected to follow YRMC’s strict mask-use policy while inside any YRMC facility. YRMC currently requires all visitors to wear a procedural mask to enter a YRMC facility. Visitors will be given a procedural mask to wear during the screening process.
- Outpatients and inpatients going for surgery or an invasive procedure may have one adult support companion (18 years of age or older) accompany them to the perioperative area, wait during the procedure or surgery, and see them, as appropriate, post-operatively.
- All visitors will check-in at the front entrance of the hospital where they will be temperature and symptom screened and given a procedural mask to wear. If a visitor fails the screening process, they will not be allowed to visit.
- Visitors will be provided a visitor pass after the health screening process has been successfully completed.
- The visitor pass must be worn at all times while in the hospital.
- There are special circumstances that may be deemed an appropriate exception. YRMC leadership will consider exception requests on a case-by-case basis.
Visitors will be allowed to visit the cafeteria and gift shop while on campus during visitor hours or while waiting for loved ones in surgery or in a procedure.