Raising healthy children, building family bonds, creating stronger communities, the Family Resource Center at Yavapai Regional Medical Center (YRMC) has been helping families do this for more than 20 years. Our support begins during pregnancy and continues for five years with information and resources that bolster parenting skills and strengthen families. Our family support specialists provide information, connect you to resources and answer your questions. Learn more about our voluntary, free programs and give your children the best possible start in life.
New moms and dads taking their first steps into parenthood have the support of First Steps experienced staff and highly trained volunteers. While you’re in YRMC’s Family Birthing Center, you’ll receive a visit – and a gift bag – from a First Steps representative. During the first months of parenting, First Steps families receive caring support and a wealth of parenting information, including:
- An “Our New Baby” calendar that features infant growth and developmental milestones.
- Follow-up phone calls to answer parenting questions.
- Parenting materials covering a wide variety of health topics, such as Sudden Infant Death Syndrome and infant/childhood immunizations.
- Recommendations for valuable community resources.
First Steps is a free community service sponsored by YRMC. For more information, contact the YRMC Family Resource Center at (928) 442-8861.
Building healthy families begins at home. Parents that participate in our Healthy Families program receive free home visits from highly trained, caring and knowledgeable family support specialists. Visits can begin during pregnancy or up until the baby is three months old. Once you’re part of Healthy Families, you can participate for up to five years. Healthy Families offers:
- Information on how to ensure a healthy pregnancy, create a loving bond with your baby and provide a stimulating as well as safe home environment.
- Ongoing development screening individualized to your child.
- Guidance on how to resolve stressful situations as well as encourage positive relationships and interactions among family members.
- Connections to medical providers and community resources.
- Fun family activities year round.
Our Healthy Families program is accredited by Healthy Families America. In fact, we were the first Healthy Families program in the nation to earn this important recognition. Healthy Families is a free community service sponsored by YRMC. For more information about Healthy Families, contact the YRMC Family Resource Center at (928) 771-5651.