Whether you’re newly diagnosed with diabetes or a long-time patient, our Diabetes Education program can help you. Recognized by the American Diabetes Association for Quality Self-Management Education, our program features:
- Medical Nutrition Therapy—Discuss diabetes, other health conditions, and healthy eating with a YRMC dietitian.
- Diabetes Pump Training—A YRMC diabetes educator is ready to assist you whether you’re new to the pump or you’re experienced and have questions.
- Continuous Glucose Monitor Initiation—Ask your physician for a referral for a one-to-one session designed to introduce you to this technology.
- Diabetes Education—YRMC hosts an informative Diabetes Self-Management Education series.
- Diabetes Management—Meet with a YRMC diabetes educator to discuss your individual diabetes management. These experienced registered nurses and dietitians can help address long-term and acute complications related to diabetes.