The Vein Center at Dignity Health Yavapai Regional Medical Center (YRMC) takes an all-inclusive approach to lower extremity vein health. Our expert team explores your individual vein issues, involves you in ways to address your condition and offers the latest minimally invasive treatments. Our services feature:
- A multidisciplinary team that includes an accomplished cardiovascular surgeon, a nurse practitioner, and registered nurses experienced in vein health; and a patient-focused administrative staff.
- Thorough evaluations to fully understand your risk factors, lifestyle preferences, health history and signs of vascular disease.
- Care plans – based on your individual evaluation – that are tailored to your health needs.
- A unique and comprehensive focus on education to ensure you understand your diagnosis and treatment plan as well as how you can participate in your healing.
- Close collaboration with Advanced Wound Care at Dignity Health YRMC to treat non-healing wounds linked to vein-related conditions and poor circulation.
Why You Need the Experts at YRMC’s Vein Center
If you have varicose veins or spider veins, don’t dismiss them as a cosmetic problem. In addition to causing pain, varicose veins and spider veins may be signs of a serious condition called chronic venous insufficiency (CVI).
What makes CVI dangerous? It increases your risk for deep vein thrombosis—blood clotting in the deep veins of the leg. Deep vein thrombosis – which strikes about one in 20 people – increases your risk for stroke and other dangerous conditions.
Check out these common CVI symptoms. If you suffer from any of them, talk to your doctor about a referral to the Vein Center at YRMC, or call (928) 759-5890.
- Aching or painful legs
- Heavy, tired or fatigued legs
- Swelling, cramping or restless legs
- Itching, burning or throbbing
- Changes to the skin
- Wounds that won’t heal (leg ulcers)