Every organization at which I’ve worked during my career as a pharmacist is defined by a number of overarching attributes. Large or small, profit or non-profit, each organization has a collective culture. I’ve learned these attributes are important to the organization’s employees and critical to its success.
Yavapai Regional Medical Center (YRMC) is the first organization I’ve known to put into action an organizational vision that is embraced by its entire team: executive leaders, caregivers, medical staff and volunteers. YRMC’s Total Healing Environment
– adopted more than 20 years ago – emphasizes YRMC’s partnership with patients and their loved ones. It also acknowledges the “indivisible relationship that exists between body, mind, and the human spirit.”
As a new member of the YRMC family, you’ll see that the YRMC team is collectively dedicated to healing our patients and serving our communities in order to promote health and wellness. You’ll also find that this vision of caring brings focus and energy to the work YRMC’s pharmacists perform every day.
How does this shared vision translate to YRMC’s overall success? I’m proud to be associated with a dynamic healthcare provider that includes, for example:
- The James Family Heart Center for personalized cardiac care with advanced surgical services, cardiac catheterization/angiography laboratories, critical care and progressive care units.
- Extensive surgical services – recognized as among the safest in the nation – that include Cardiothoracic Surgery, Neurosurgery, Orthopaedic Surgery, Breast Surgery and General Surgery.
- A state-of-the-art Advanced Wound Care Center with two hyperbaric oxygen chambers.
- The YRMC BreastCare Center, which features the only breast MRI of its kind in Arizona, designed exclusively to study breast tissue.
- A growing network of specialty and primary care clinics located throughout our communities.
- An internationally recognized Patient Blood Management program.
- A Family Birthing Center that features a Level II Continuing Care Nursery.
- The largest and most comprehensive array of outpatient and medical imaging services in the region.
There’s more to know about the community-based healthcare YRMC delivers. I hope you’ll take the next steps to explore joining this exceptional organization as a pharmacy resident.