Community Outreach and Philanthropy, (928) 771-5686 | May 16, 2016
Prescott Valley Campus Launched Medical Hub
Turn back the calendar 10 years and you’ll see the Human Genome Project was publishing the final chromosome sequence in Nature…Daniel Powter’s song “Bad Day” was heading for platinum status…and people were slipping their feet into brightly colored clogs called Crocs.
In May 2006, Western Yavapai County residents – especially those in the Prescott Valley area – were celebrating the opening of Yavapai Regional Medical Center (YRMC) East. The hospital welcomed its first patient on May 15, 2006 and has been growing ever since.
“YRMC East has experienced both incredible growth and tremendous support since opening 10 years ago,” said John Amos, President and Chief Executive Officer of YRMC. “I was honored to serve as the first Administrator of YRMC East. From the beginning, the community showed steadfast loyalty to YRMC East.”
According to Frank Almendarez, YRMC East Campus Administrator, that community support has allowed YRMC to identify programs and services that are important to the community. “If you compare a picture of the 2006 YRMC East Campus to one taken today, you can see the positive change and growth,” Almendarez said. “This is due to the vision of YRMC’s Board of Trustees and its leadership team, both who understand and respond to the healthcare needs of our communities.”
YRMC East is now the heart of a thriving medical community. The following major programs and services have been launched since 2006:
- The Family Birthing Center – Relocated to YRMC East in May 2010, the Family Birthing Center features 16 spacious, private birthing rooms. It’s also now licensed as a Level II Continuing Care Nursery by the Arizona Department of Health Services and certified by the Arizona Perinatal Trust to care for high-risk newborns and their moms.
- The BreastCare Center at YRMC – Opened in October 2011, the BreastCare Center offers comprehensive and coordinated breast care services. Additionally, the Center includes Arizona’s first breast Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) system designed specifically for breast imaging. Recently, the BreastCare Center introduced breast tomosynthesis, a new mammography technology that creates three-dimensional images.
- Advanced Wound Care Center – This state-of-the-art Center relocated to the Del E Webb Outpatient Center in June 2012. YRMC’s Advanced Wound Care Center includes accomplished healthcare professionals who specialize in the complex aspects of wound care. The Center also is home to western Yavapai County’s only Hyperbaric Medicine Program, which features two hyperbaric oxygen chambers that help heal wounds.
- YRMC Outpatient Service Center – Designed with patient convenience in mind, the Outpatient Service Center opened near YRMC’s East Campus in 2015. The Center brings together top primary care and medical specialists under one roof with easy access for patients. It also includes an Outpatient Clinical Laboratory as well as Cardiac Diagnostic Imaging Services and is home to Prescott Valley Medical Imaging.
- The Infusion Center – This state-of-the-art YRMC facility opened in 2015 to serve residents undergoing antibiotic therapy, chemotherapy and other healing therapies. The Infusion Center includes 12 state-of-the-art infusion bays. In addition, the Center incorporates patient conveniences such as personal televisions and basic cable as well as connections for laptops and tablets.
“YRMC’s East Campus has evolved into a medical destination,” Almendarez said. “We’re committed to continuing that trend over the next decade and beyond with new programs and services as well as jobs for the people of our communities.”
Keep up with YRMC news on HealthConnect (www.YRMCHealthConnect.org) and follow us on social media (see below).
Follow YRMC online at www.yrmc.org and www.yrmchealthconnect.org or connect with us on social media at: