Community Outreach and Philanthropy, 928-771-5686 | Feb 10, 2015
Western Yavapai County residents undergoing antibiotic therapy, chemotherapy and other healing therapies now have access to The Infusion Center, a state-of-the-art facility at Yavapai Regional Medical Center (YRMC) in Prescott Valley.
“Infusion therapy can often be administered over weeks or months during individual outpatient therapy sessions and each session can last hours,” said Alana Yoerger, RN, Manager, YRMC Infusion Therapy. “People want – and need – a comfortable, pleasant environment for such therapies. The Infusion Center provides that along with state-of-the-art equipment and a skilled, knowledgeable, caring staff.”
Originally called Infusion Therapy Services, The Infusion Center replaces the outpatient unit at YRMC West in Prescott. The Infusion Center has nearly triple the amount of space as its previous location. It also includes a total of 12 new state-of-the-art infusion bays, two with bariatric chairs.
The Infusion Center also features:
- Convenient parking, with a covered drive for patient drop-off and pick-up.
- A private entrance.
- On-site registration and scheduling (with the exception of evenings, weekends and holidays).
- Comfortable infusion chairs with personal televisions and basic cable as well as connections for laptops and tablets.
The Infusion Center serves patients:
- 8:00 am-10:30 pm, Monday-Friday.
- 8:00 am-2:00 pm and 7:30-10:30 pm, weekends or holidays for people undergoing continuous therapy.
“We’re delighted that The Infusion Center is available for the many people of our communities who need ongoing therapy services,” said Yoerger.