Community Outreach and Philanthropy, (928) 771-5686 | Oct 02, 2018
Yavapai Regional Medical Center (YRMC) is recognized worldwide as a pioneer in Patient Blood Management (PBM). The public has the opportunity to join these PBM pioneers for Patient Blood Management: Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow, YRMC’s sixth PBM Symposium.
The Symposium will be broadcast live from Yavapai College Performing Arts Center in Prescott for the public to live stream. Log-in to learn about the science and history behind PBM on:
What does PBM mean to you as a patient? It minimizes blood loss, reduces unnecessary transfusions and improves patient outcomes when medical teams embrace evidence-based PBM medical and surgical concepts.
YRMC’s PBM Symposium will include an expert panel and “aha moment” videos that highlight significant PBM experiences among Symposium participants.
Additionally, these Prescott, Arizona PBM experts will give thought-provoking, informative talks on:
- The Wonder of Blood -- Daniel Beck, MD, Anesthesiologist, Prescott Anesthesia
- The History of Transfusion Medicine -- Pierre Tibi, MD, FACS, Medical Director, Patient Blood Management and the James Family Heart Center at YRMC West
- Transfusion Medicine, Where We are Today -- Elizabeth Black, Data Manager/Assistant Coordinator, Patient Blood Management Program, YRMC
- Transfusion Medicine, What the Future Holds -- Jared Head, AGACNP-BC, Hospitalist, NAZ Hospitalist
- Heart Surgery Without “Surgery” -- Soundos Moualla, MD, Cardiologist, YRMC PhysicianCare
Nurses: Creating an Environment in Which Patients Thrive -- Selina Bliss, MS, PhD, RN, YRMC
Out-of-Town, But Not Out-of-Time -- Dale Black, Patient Blood Management Program Coordinator, YRMC
For more information about Patient Blood Management: Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow, visit YRMCHealthConnect.org/pbm or call (928) 771-5109.