YRMC believes in a holistic approach to patient care and would like to invite a family member or friend designated by the patient to participate in our Partner in Caring program. The Partner in Caring program allows patients to assign an advocate for their care who may assist in and support the care they receive at YRMC. Roles and responsibilities are agreed upon by the patient, partner and nursing staff. A Partner in Caring badge will be provided and must be worn at all times.
The roles and responsibilities of a Partner in Caring may include the following:
- Assist with menu selection, meals, feeding and oral fluids
- Assist with personal care, baths, back rubs, manicures, elimination needs
- Accompany patient to procedures and tests
- Keep track of questions the patient may have for the physician
- Assist patient with patient ambulation, range of motion exercises, and repositioning
- Provide companionship
Please ask your caregiver about this program.