As a locally owned, locally operated, not-for-profit healthcare provider, Yavapai Regional Medical Center
relies on patient revenue and community support for its funding. No property taxes have ever
been levied to pay for programs, capital improvements or expansion projects. If there is revenue
left over after YRMC's expenses are paid, this money is reinvested in YRMC to improve
patient care and services, to reduce debt and to fund future needs.
Sometimes we might take it for granted, but a large part of the quality of life we enjoy has to do with the health of our community. That’s where YRMC comes in.
Did you know ... In 2017:
- Our talented team at the Family Birthing Center welcomed 956 babies into the world.
- YRMC’s healthcare team – physicians, nurses and other medical professionals – cared for 11,430 inpatients in 2017.
- YRMC’s Emergency Departments in Prescott and Prescott Valley cared for 71,887 patients - approximately 1,382 each week.
- Our clinical laboratory experts completed 202,335 inpatient studies and 312,633 outpatient studies in 2017.
- Our dedicated Medical Imaging team performed 21,030 inpatient studies, 49,301 outpatient studies and 62,649 imaging studies in the Emergency Department in 2017.
- The highly skilled team at YRMC's Cardiopulmonary Laboratory conducted 34,025 examinations to identify and treat acute or chronic problems of the heart and lungs.
- The James Family Heart Center continued to build upon its reputation for excellence by performing 270 open heart and thoracic (chest) surgeries, 521 electrophysiology procedures, 1,028 cardiac catheterization procedures, 777 interventional radiology procedures and 527 interventional cardiology procedures in 2017.
- YRMC’s Diabetes Education team helped 571 people with diabetes better manage their health to prevent hospitalization.
- Our Family Resource Center in Prescott Valley helped 949 moms and dads provide better care to their newborns through the First Steps program. In addition, 104 families received ongoing support and home visits through the nationally accredited Healthy Families Program.
- Our Respiratory Wellness team helped 214 people breathe easier through free respiratory wellness programs. This dedicated team also reached 50 people through smoking cessation programs.
- Our compassionate team of professional therapists performed 134,514 procedures through our comprehensive Physical Rehabilitation program.
- In 2017, 720 dedicated volunteers contributed 110,000 hours of service, breaking the 100,000-hour mark for the eleventh consecutive year.
- Members of the YRMC family volunteered 157 hours of their time in support of YRMC’s Speakers Bureau to provide health education to over 2,072 people.
- Our Partners for Healthy Students team provided vital healthcare to 1,137 children from underinsured and uninsured homes.
- YRMC helped prepare 150 new moms and dads for delivery through its Childbirth Education program.
- And our Nutrition Services team prepared 480 free hot meals for women and children receiving help through the Prescott Area Women’s Shelter.