- To schedule an appointment, call (928) 442-8900 or toll-free at (877) 436-5290
The BreastCare Center at YRMC
Having medical tests of any type can be unsettling, sometimes even frightening. At YRMC, our patient navigator helps ensure that your breast care experience is compassionate and reassuring. She guides, educates and counsels patients and their families through testing, diagnosis and treatment – offering emotional support every step of the way.
In addition to her clinical expertise as a registered nurse, our clinical navigator will:
- Ensure timely movement through all phases of care—prevention, detection, diagnosis, treatment, and supportive care.
- Alleviate anxieties by helping each person navigate the complex healthcare system.
- Ensure that women with a suspected or confirmed diagnosis of breast cancer receive diagnostic and consultation services in an expedient, respectful and compassionate manner.
- Provide an education/navigation binder where all of a breast cancer patient's medical records, test results, educational materials, contact information and every document supporting her care are kept in one place.
- Counsel children and spouses of patients diagnosed with cancer.
- Ensure that stressful, time-consuming administrative tasks, including payment and insurance issues, are properly managed.
- Offer translation services when needed.
- Connect patients with local and national resources as necessary.
Meet our Patient Navigator:
Nancy K. Ledoyen RN, BSN, OCN, CBCN
With over 27 years of experience in all aspects of oncology nursing, Nancy decided it was time to go back to direct patient care. She joined YRMC in 2011 to help patients navigate all aspects of breast care diagnosis, treatment and prevention. "I enjoyed my experience in leadership roles at other hospitals and I learned so much about the operations behind the delivery of excellent patient care, but I missed my patients. Now I can take that knowledge and help women and families in our area navigate the complex and at times, confusing healthcare system to get what they need when they need it," says Nancy.