YRMC FAST FACTS
Sometimes we might take it for granted, but a large part of the quality of life we enjoy has to do with the health of our community. That’s where YRMC comes in.
Did you know ... In 2012:
- Our talented team at the Family Birthing Center welcomed 924 babies into the world.
- YRMC’s healthcare team – physicians, nurses and other medical professionals – cared for 11,302 inpatients in 2012.
- YRMC’s Emergency Departments in Prescott and Prescott Valley cared for 63,970 patients – approximately 1,230 each week.
- Our clinical laboratory experts completed 1,700,620 studies in 2012.
- Our dedicated Medical Imaging team performed 108,562 diagnostic imaging procedures.
- The highly skilled team at YRMC's Cardiopulmonary Laboratory conducted 7,742 examinations to identify and treat acute or chronic problems of the heart and lungs.
- The James Family Heart Center continued to build upon its reputation for excellence by performing 170 open heart surgeries and 100 thoracic (chest) surgeries in 2012.
- YRMC’s Diabetes Education team helped 1,170 people with diabetes better manage their health to prevent hospitalization.
- A vigorous community outreach program reached 41,000 residents each month with complimentary, current health information in 2012.
- Our Family Resource Center in Prescott Valley helped 1,906 moms and dads provide better care to their newborns through the First Steps program. In addition, 142 families received ongoing support and home visits through the nationally accredited Healthy Families Program.
- Our Respiratory Wellness team helped 1,646 people breathe easier through free respiratory wellness programs. This dedicated team also reached 56 people through smoking cessation programs.
- Our compassionate team of professional therapists performed 14,994 procedures through our comprehensive Physical Rehabilitation program.
- In 2012, 823 dedicated volunteers contributed 105,166 hours of service, breaking the 100,000-hour mark for the sixth consecutive year.
- Members of the YRMC family volunteered 206 hours of their time in support of YRMC’s Speakers Bureau to provide health education to over 5,373 people.
- Our Partners for Healthy Students team provided vital healthcare to 1,052 children from underinsured and uninsured homes.
- YRMC helped prepare 517 new moms and dads for delivery through its Childbirth Education program.
- Our Nutrition Services team prepared 480 free hot meals for women and children receiving help through the Prescott Area Women’s Shelter.