A Message from the President & CEO
If you’re at all familiar with Yavapai Regional Medical Center and its recent growth, then you are also well aware that we have much to be excited about. Within the last couple of years we opened the doors at YRMC East – our highly acclaimed 50-bed acute-care hospital in Prescott Valley, which celebrated its first anniversary in May 2007 – and wrapped up a major renovation project at YRMC West in Prescott. And then, in the summer of 2007, we accepted the first patients at The Heart Center at YRMC, a new, state-of-the-art cardiac surgery program located on our West campus.
As YRMC’s chief executive officer, I’m both proud and very pleased that these and other expansion projects were completed on my watch. There is no doubt that tens of thousands of our current and future patients, as well as members of their families, will benefit tremendously from YRMC’s ongoing growth.
I am no less proud, however, and every bit as pleased, with the skills, the commitment, the professionalism and the compassion of the physicians, employees and volunteers who work in all areas of our hospital system, and who provide the high-quality patient care that is so synonymous with the YRMC name.
Here’s what some of our patients and their family members have recently said about the care provided by YRMC:
- “All of the people who gave me medical help were very, very excellent. From the ER to Admitting to the staff on the second floor, it was the best medical help I have ever received.”
- “I want to compliment you on the wonderful staff that make The Heart Center at YRMC a truly healing environment. As busy as they were, they never once made my husband feel like he was a ‘bother.’ They also took the time to explain each treatment to us in terms we could understand, which was so appreciated. Keep up the good work and don’t lose those great smiles.”
- “Having worked in medical records in different states for 22 years, I have spent a lot of time in healthcare facilities ranging from small community hospitals to large regional medical centers. I can honestly say that my experiences in your facility have been outstanding. It is very comforting to have such a wonderful healthcare facility in our hometown.”
- “My husband recently had surgery and from the time of his diagnosis to his discharge, the treatment he received from all staff members was admirable. Thank you to everyone at YRMC for your dedication to your chosen professions. We are both truly grateful for your services.”
- “I was treated in your ER and wanted to say thank you for your excellent care and service to me. Please know that what you are doing truly counts and makes a difference in the life of each person you touch. Bless you all!”
- “We were visiting from out of state and had to bring our daughter to your ER. The nurses, doctors and everyone were great. They were very friendly and professional and helped ease our fears. I just wanted you to know how thankful we are for all your staff did and I believe that more hospitals and staff could learn a lot from you.”
- “You truly have become a five-star hospital. Every aspect of my stay was a delight and your staff pushed my care to the limit. We are so lucky to have all of you in Prescott.”
It’s fair to say, I think, that patients and their loved ones have the best perspective of all when it comes to judging the quality of a hospital’s care – and nothing makes me happier than reading the positive comments of people whom we’ve been able to help.
Frankly, any other words of praise I might now have for the YRMC Family would pale in comparison, so I’ll just add my personal thanks to each and every YRMC physician, nurse, employee and volunteer for the outstanding job they do. You are the best … you are the heart of an exceptional system of care.
President & Chief Executive Officer