As a locally owned, locally operated, not-for-profit healthcare provider, Yavapai Regional Medical Center
relies on patient revenue and community support for its funding. No property taxes have ever
been levied to pay for programs, capital improvements or expansion projects. If there is revenue
left over after YRMC's expenses are paid, this money is reinvested in YRMC to improve
patient care and services, to reduce debt and to fund future needs.
Sometimes we might take it for granted, but a large part of the quality of life we enjoy has to do with the health of our community. That’s where YRMC comes in.
Did you know ... In 2015:
- Our talented team at the Family Birthing Center welcomed 1,037 babies into the world.
- YRMC’s healthcare team – physicians, nurses and other medical professionals – cared for 10,097 inpatients in 2015.
- YRMC’s Emergency Departments in Prescott and Prescott Valley cared for 69,242 patients - approximately 1,332 each week.
- Our clinical laboratory experts completed 256,797 inpatient studies and 412,198 outpatient studies in 2015.
- Our dedicated Medical Imaging team performed 21,416 inpatient and 86,722 outpatient diagnostic imaging procedures in 2015.
- The highly skilled team at YRMC's Cardiopulmonary Laboratory conducted 43,323 examinations to identify and treat acute or chronic problems of the heart and lungs.
- The James Family Heart Center continued to build upon its reputation for excellence by performing 153 open heart surgeries and 74 thoracic (chest) surgeries in 2015.
- YRMC’s Diabetes Education team helped 161 people with diabetes better manage their health to prevent hospitalization.
- Our Family Resource Center in Prescott Valley helped 966 moms and dads provide better care to their newborns through the First Steps program. In addition, 121 families received ongoing support and home visits through the nationally accredited Healthy Families Program.
- Our Respiratory Wellness team helped 262 people breathe easier through free respiratory wellness programs. This dedicated team also reached 27 people through smoking cessation programs.
- Our compassionate team of professional therapists performed 116,305 procedures through our comprehensive Physical Rehabilitation program.
- In 2015, 737 dedicated volunteers contributed 108,000 hours of service, breaking the 100,000-hour mark for the ninth consecutive year.
- Members of the YRMC family volunteered 190 hours of their time in support of YRMC’s Speakers Bureau to provide health education to over 2,993 people.
- Our Partners for Healthy Students team provided vital healthcare to 1,306 children from underinsured and uninsured homes.
- YRMC helped prepare 336 new moms and dads for delivery through its Childbirth Education program.
- And our Nutrition Services team prepared 480 free hot meals for women and children receiving help through the Prescott Area Women’s Shelter.